Monday, March 3, 2008

We're here and we've got her!!!

This will be short because I'm exhausted and need to sleep, but we have our girl! We were picked up at the airport late this morning and taken to our hotel around noon. We had time for a quick, much needed shower, and put together our orphanage gifts, and then off to the orphanage to get our baby! We took lots of pictures and video, but the camera batteries need recharging before I can download the pics, so that will have to wait till tomorrow, then we'll try to post a bunch--good thing Lauren's here to help with that! The G&R ceremony is tomorrow morning.

She's very sweet and beautiful, and the kids just adore her, and so do we!

7 comments:

Alana said...

having a baby from the same orphanage as yoou now, I cannot wait to hear about every second of your trip!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHHH!
I've been checking your blog quite often since last night. I thought I would check it ONE more time before I wnet to school and YES, you had an entry! HOW EXCITING! It is SO cool that you got her so quickly! Can't wait to hear all the details, see pictures and find out her name! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Nancy
PS I'm going to school late as we have a 2 hour delay, - sleet, ice and then a couple inches of snow and of course some wind! Enjoy the warm weather!!!!!!

Randy and Michele said...

We are a WC family that just brought our boys home from LangSon. Enjoy your time in Vn. We are a homeschooling family as well and it was definitely an educational experience. Congrats on your new daughter.

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to hold her and spoil her!!! It is wonderful that they let you get her so quickly one you was arrived in Vietnam. Oh! I am so excited for all of you! Take lots of pictures! Give everyone a hug for me and give an extra special one for our newest member of the family.
LaVonne

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

We are very happy to hear that you got there safely and all is well. We can hardly wait for you to get home so that we can meet the new addition to the family. Give her a kiss from us.

Mary Ann

Michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS, SUE!!! I cannot wait to see her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much love,
Michelle Z

Kim said...

Sue...we are sooo happy for you. It all went so fast...Can't wait to see her full picture with your family.

Awaiting Victoria