Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Leaving for Hanoi in the morning

It's about 10:45 pm Tuesday night here, and I just finished packing our things. We have to get up early tomorrow to catch a 7:30am flight to Hanoi. I wanted to post some more pictures, but I'm still having trouble with the internet connection with uploading pictures. Hopefully it will be better in Hanoi and I can put them up.

Today Don had to go with Kim to the police station to pick up baby's passport, and then we went across the street to the park where there was a huge book fair going on. I was able to get some children's picture books with both Vietnamese and English words for the pictures. Also picked up some maps of HCMC and Hanoi and an atlas of Vietnam. We found a KFC not too far away, and William begged to go there for dinner. They must not have mashed potatoes here--instead, we were served rice formed into a "hill" with gravy over it. Too funny.

More to come from Hanoi!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I finally caught up with your blog. I hope you have a great flight to Hanoi and the rest of your trip continues to go as well as the 1st half.