Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I love Fedex

They brought me TWO packages today; one contained our airline tickets, and the other was our passports, back safely from the Vietnamese Consulate in San Franciso, with lovely VN visas inside! That didn't take long at all! I paid the extra $20 each to expidite them, and they arrived at the consulate Monday morning, and they were picked up by Fedex Tuesday late afternoon.

Took the boys and myself to get haircuts today, and have been making steady progress on my "to do" lists. It's customary to give small gifts to various people in VN--orphanage directors, baby caretakers, provincial officials, etc. and I still have to buy these. Chocolate seems to be a popular gift, but it's supposed to be in the 90's in HCMC so I'm not sure how long they would last once we land in HCMC. Shopping for gifts is on the list for tomorrow, so I'd better think of something.

I *tried* to take Anna to a make-up ballet class today since she'll be missing several while we're gone. I didn't get too far though. I was talking to Anna and not paying very close attention to the way I was backing down the driveway and I got stuck in one of the stinkin' snow-cliffs we have lining each side of the driveway. Note to self: in the future, do not try to dig a vehicle out of the snow while wearing Crocs. I'm so sick of winter---three cheers for tropical countries!

I can't believe we leave in 3 days!

5 comments:

Michelle and Peter said...

Wow two great packages on the same day. Have a safe trip can't wait to hear about Vietnam. I think it is great that you were able to bring your whole family with you. Share lots of pictures

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I cannot imagine how hard it must be to get a family that size ready to fly to the other side of the world. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a safe trip and looking forward to reading your blog! Karen

Michelle said...

OOOOOH....I'm soooooo excited for you!!!! Not too long now! Have a WONDERFUL flight!!!! Good luck, Honey!

~ Michelle Z

Anonymous said...

How cool that you can leave all the snow and winter and head to a warm place with your whole family for such a wonderful occasion! Enjoy and be assured that your blog will be visited often!
Nancy